1. News: singles/series covering news events and their aftermath, including politics, economy, social tensions and upheavals, environment, crises, relief and crime.
2. Daily Life: Singles/series that cast light on perspectives of everyday life in Kenya.
3. Nature (wildlife/landscape/seascape): singles/series that show new perspectives on nature photography.
4. Portraiture: Singles/series on people (public figures, celebrities, ordinary people, weddings, etc), staged or natural.
5. Creative: Singles/series that depict experimental and artistic approaches to photography in any of the other categories.
6. Sports: Singles/series that portray a sports event or activity.
7. Humanitarian/Documentary: Pictures that depict issues around development matters or community project geared towards improving their lives and such positive stories.
[NOTE] People’s Choice Award: Judges shall also shortlist 10 nominees for the, which will be won through a popular online vote.
The overall winner in all the above categories shall be crowned the Photographer of the Year 2020
GREAT MINDS-GREAT IDEAS
Boniface Mwangi–One of the great creative minds that started Kenya Photo Awards back in 2013.